The kitchen is at the heart of your home. Your kitchen is host to a lot of activity, whether it be hosting a party, having a chat with family or friends, doing homework or preparing a meal. In 2016, kitchens are all about pairing excellent design with improved function and durability. Here are 5 kitchen trends we love for 2016!
1) Solid Surface Countertops: Solid surface countertops open up a variety of design possibilities for your kitchen. There are many benefits of having a solid surface countertop. They are non porous, easy to clean, have no visible seams and can be made to fit any custom design at a reduced cost! ACF Surfaces Inc. has 17 years of industry experience as a fabricator and installer of solid surface materials. We’re committed to providing exceptional customer service and product excellence at competitive prices.
2) Multi-Functional Kitchen Design: Multi-functional kitchen features are ideal for apartments and condos. From kitchen islands that double as a dining table to hidden outlets in the backsplash or drawer that provide a place for charging electronics, multi-functional features are the best way to make the best use of your available space.
3) Retractable Energy-Efficient Kitchen Hoods: Retractable, compact kitchen hoods free up counter space when not in use and allow for a clean, modern design! This is especially useful when installing a cook top in a kitchen island. Today’s retractable kitchen hoods are built-in, invisible and energy-efficient.
4) Design Your Own Tiles: Can you imagine designing your own tiles for your kitchen? With Fireclay Tiles online Color-It tool, you can! You can choose from hundreds of patterns and palettes to create a backsplash tile that is the perfect complement to your kitchen design!
5) Grey is the New White: While white cabinets continue to be the top choice, industry experts are seeing a rise in the use of great and are predicting that grey will replace white as the go-to kitchen cabinet colour before long.
Produced by Canadian Home Trends Magazine.